2nd INTERNATIONAL TEAM AND INDIVIDUAL MATHEMATICAL MODELLING TOURNAMENT FOR HIGH-SCHOOL STUDENTS
The Tournament took place from 27th of October till 3rd of November 2019 in AESC MSU.
Advanced Education and Science Center of Moscow State University — the Kolmogorov School,
Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Lomonosov Moscow State University,
supported by: Russian Academy of Sciences, Alumni Club of AESC MSU.
- Opening of the Tournament
- Tour to Skolkovo Technopark
- Talk by Yu.V. Nesterenko at MSU
- Closing ceremony and presentation of awards
- MMC problem presentation by Sberbank (part 1)
- MMC problem presentation by Sberbank (part 2)
- Talk by K.K. Avilov (part 1)
- Talk by K.K. Avilov (part 2)
- Talk by Henk van der Kooij (part 1)
- Talk by Henk van der Kooij (part 2)
For the foreign participants, the fees will be determined by the Organizing Committee subject to the available sponsor support. Please, contact the Organizing Committee directly.
Registration at the Tournament
All participating teams must be registered via the Personal Account system of AESC MSU. Registration is open from 28th of August, 23:00 till 1st of October 2019, 23:00 (Moscow time, UTC+3).
The participating high-school students must be organized into teams of no more than 4 members who represent a school, a study group, a town, or a region and are accompanied by an advisor/coach. It is acceptable that teams may comprise students from different schools, towns, or regions.
There are two grade-based Leagues in the Tournament: Junior League (grades 8—9) and Senior League (grades 10—11 for Russian participants, 10—12 for foreign participants). All members of a team compete in the events of the same League determined by the highest grade among the team’s members.
- Development and popularization of the new for Russian high-schools modern high-tech education trends: applied mathematics, mathematical modelling, STEM.
- Networking between physical-and-mathematical (natural science) schools in Russia and abroad.
- Familiarization of students and teachers with new forms and formats of mathematical competitions.
- Sightseeing of Moscow for the students and teachers from other regions of Russia and for the foreign guests.